Terms and ConditionsWEDDINGS & CONFERENCES
Confirmation and deposit payments
- Bookings will only be considered secured upon receipt of a deposit of 50% of the pro forma invoice.
- Full payment should be received 7 (seven) days prior to the conference/function date.
- In the event of non-payment of the deposit within the time specified, Grootbosch shall be entitled to cancel the booking after giving the client written notice.
- By paying a deposit, you indicate your acceptance of the terms and conditions of Grootbosch.
- In the event of cancellation, subsequent to the venue hire being paid, a refund of the deposit will only be made if the venue is rebooked by another function on the same date.
- Grootbosch reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of any damage to, or destruction of the venue by fire, strikes, shortage of labour, or any other cause beyond the control of Grootbosch which shall prevent it from performing its obligations. In these circumstances every effort will be made to find an alternative venue.
- The client must confirm all changes and cancellations in writing.
- Should Grootbosch hall, surrounding gardens & buildings, décor or linen be damaged during the course of the function, the client shall be held responsible and will be charged accordingly.
- Grootbosch and its employees or any person employed at any function will not be held liable for any loss or injury to persons, due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever.
- Please ensure that any equipment requirements are requested well in advance of your function. Any additional items should be supplied or hired by the client at the client’s cost. This will be confirmed and charged for two weeks prior to the function date.
- All beverage requirements should be arranged 7 days prior to the function date.
- Full Bar facilities are available on request during conference hours.
- One barman for every 50 guests.
- The bar is fully licensed; therefore all beverages must be purchased from Grootbosch. Should you wish to provide wine; a corkage fee of R 30 per 750 ml bottle will be charged.
- No wines, spirits, beers, soft drinks or food may be brought onto the premises.
- We require clients to brief us with regard to their requirements for the provision of a Full Bar or Wine and Malt, Cash or Account. Specific beverages can be included or excluded from the bar and should be arranged prior to the function date.
- A limit may be stipulated for an account bar. In order to monitor the accumulative total Grootbosch will supply a regular reconciliation of the account for the duration of the function. Grootbosch will include a 10% service charge applicable for all account bars.
- Any changes to beverage requirements at any stage are to be done so in writing.
- A beverage price list is available on request.
- No smoking is permitted in hall, near the tables in the garden or in the guest rooms.
- Ashtrays are provided outdoors in the designated areas.
If you would like to utilise Grootbosch wedding and conference venue near Klerksdorp, please Contact Us for our full information package. The use of the venue and/or bar before or after the stipulated times will be charged accordingly.
- Morning weddings from 9h00 to 16h00 (7 hours)
- Evening weddings from 16h00 to 24h00 (8 hours)
- Children under the age of 10 years will be charged 50% on the agreed adult menu price. Children under the age of 2 years will not be charged.
- Evening weddings close at 24h00; extensions may be made with prior arrangement. A fee of R 1000 per hour as well as the extra hours of the waiters and barmen will be charged.
- Grootbosch Bar closes at 23h30; extensions may be made with prior arrangement. A fee of R 700 per hour will be charged.
- Halaal and Kosher meals are available on request and will be charged accordingly.
- Other special dietary requirements are also available. Please speak to your coordinator regarding the options available.
- The use of the venue before or after the stipulated times will be charged accordingly.
- Bookings will only be considered secured upon receipt of a deposit of R 6 000.
- Breakage deposit will be refunded within 20 working days after function date (terms and conditions apply).
- By paying a deposit you indicate your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of Grootbosch.
- Create your own personalised menu for your special day, with our list of starters, main courses and desserts. If you require a unique dish that does not reflect on our menu, you are welcome to ask our wedding coordinator to quote you accordingly.
General Reservation Arrangements:
Check in time starts at 14h00 and guests are required to check out by 10h00.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand.
- The rates quoted are inclusive of accommodation and 14% VAT only, excluding tourism levies and all extras.
- Rates and availability are subject to change at the sole discretion of Grootbosch
- No cheques accepted unless prior arrangement with management.
- Grootbosch reserves the right of admission.
- Guests will not act in a way, which cause noise, nuisance or harm to fellow patrons/guests.
- All reservations must be confirmed in writing, with full details of guest, Booking Agent and Company details.
- Cancellations and bookings amendments must be made in writing.
- Breakfast on weekdays is served from 07:30 to 09:30 and weekends from 08:00 to 10:00.
- Lunch is served by arrangement only.
- Supper is served between 18:00 and 21:00.
All Other Reservations:
- All bookings made prior to arrival require full payment.
- Please ensure that you have copy of your payment on the day of arrival
Please refer to the table below for a breakdown of our cancellation penalties.
|Cancellation received prior to arrival||Percentage of total accommodation charged|
60 - 90 Days
31 - 60 Days
0 - 30 Days
Less than 72 hours
- Should Grootbosch accept a non-guaranteed booking; this will be released at 12pm, should no prior arrangement have been made to secure your reservation.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
- Please contact us for more information about our luxury accommodation or to book your room.